KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 10 years foodservice sales experience
- Knowledge of the Foodservice business from the ground up, with a thorough understanding of the different dynamics at the Operator, Distributor and Broker levels
- Has well-established contacts at the top levels of the Foodservice industry
- Technical and analytical skills for evaluating market segments; familiarity with menu tracking and research reports preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills (Word and Excel); competency with smart phone and tablet devices; BOBJ sales reporting knowledge preferred
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Interpersonal selling skills and negotiation expertise are essential; ability to penetrate to operator Marketing and Culinary teams as well as distributor and broker culinary teams is preferred
- Strategic thinking (negotiating skills, initiate opportunities; solutions partner)
- Ability to manage multiple accounts
- Ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to plan and organize, as well as follow up
- Situation analysis and decision making abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Culinary training preferred
- Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Ability to travel in automobiles and airplanes.
- Able to work out of a home office, preferably in the Central region of the United States (Texas preferred)
- Travel required approximately 3 days a week
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.