- Experienced Safety Manager with responsibilities in Manufacturing Environment.
- Experience with site security preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations, (OSHA, Cal OSHA, NFPA, ANSI).
- Experience communicating with external agencies.
- Experience with ergonomics and industrial hygiene a plus.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects through to completion.
- Strong Communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate and present information to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and professional demeanor to lead and manage staff.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred.
- Forklift Train the Trainer Certification Preferred.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety and 3-5 years of progressive production manufacturing experience in a safety management role or;
- 5-10 years of progressive production manufacturing experience in a safety management role within the food/manufacturing industry.
- Must be able to pass job specific Physical Ability Test (PAT).
- Employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures to include cold and heat both indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to noise levels associated with warehouse/production equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders of various heights.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at various frequencies.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing and twisting as needed to.
- Flexibility to work different shifts and days when required.
- As needed for company related training
- Able to travel to out of state sister facilities if required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.