KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 10 years Industrial sales experience with food products and ingredients.
- Knowledge of the Industrial business from the ground up, with a thorough understanding of the different dynamics of competitive suppliers, trucking and warehousing logistics, credit and terms, and a variety of documentation needs.
- Savvy knowledge of product spec’s to match Dole manufacturing capabilities, and ability to communicate technical information with customers and internally.
- Has well-established contacts at the top levels of the Industrial channel.
- Interpersonal selling skills and negotiations expertise are essential. Ability to penetrate to different levels of management in customer organizations to gain opportunities through fact-finding on competitive situation and then evaluate if Dole can realistically offer an advantage to win a new award.
- Technical and analytical skills using sales systems.
- Strategic Thinking Skill-Set – Negotiating Skills, Initiate Opportunities, Solutions Partner.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts, while cultivating large volume opportunities.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Teamwork across Industrial group, brokers, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Credit staff.
- Excellent communication skills with customers’ procurement, operations, and admin staff.
- Planning and organizing schedules for procurement manufacturing capabilities calls and follow through to gain new business.
- Situation analysis and decision making within Dole’s strategic platforms and initiatives.
- Self-motivated with a track record of taking initiative.
- Advanced computer skills of Word and Excel required. Competency with smart phone and tablet devices (such as iPhone and iPad), as well as BOBJ sales reporting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 15 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Able to work out of a home office, preferably in the Eastern region of the United States.
- Travel required at least 1-2 times per month for 2-3 days at a time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.